Embark on a thrilling seven-day sailing adventure from Brest to Bilbao, weaving through some of the Atlantic Coast’s most enchanting destinations. Begin your journey in Brest, where the rich maritime history sets the stage for an unforgettable voyage. Sail to La Rochelle, renowned for its historic port and charming old harbor, offering a picturesque start to your sea journey. Next, head to Royan, a unique blend of modern architecture and pristine beaches, nestled at the mouth of the Gironde estuary. Your adventure continues to Arcachon, famous for the Dune of Pilat and its quaint oyster farms. After savoring Arcachon’s delights, set course for San Sebastian, a culinary paradise known for its stunning beaches and vibrant culture. The journey concludes with a sail to Bilbao, a city that beautifully marries traditional Spanish heritage with modern art and architecture, epitomized by the iconic Guggenheim Museum. This sailing odyssey is a blend of exhilarating nautical adventure and rich cultural exploration, creating memories that will last a lifetime.
Brest – Bilbao
- Brest’s Maritime Splendor: Starting your journey in Brest, where the rich naval history and rugged coastal beauty set the stage for an epic adventure.
- La Rochelle’s Historic Port: Arriving in La Rochelle, you’re greeted by the charm of its famous old harbor, Vieux Port, surrounded by stunning medieval architecture and vibrant street life.
- Royan’s Modern Beachfront: Discovering Royan, a unique town with post-war architecture and beautiful beaches, offering a perfect blend of history and relaxation by the sea.
- The Dune of Pilat at Arcachon: Experiencing the natural wonder of Europe’s tallest sand dune near Arcachon, coupled with exploring the town’s renowned oyster farms.
- San Sebastian’s Culinary Delights: Indulging in the world-famous gastronomy of San Sebastian, from exquisite pintxos to Michelin-starred dining, amidst the backdrop of its stunning beaches.
- Bilbao’s Architectural Marvels: Navigating to Bilbao, a city that seamlessly blends traditional Spanish culture with groundbreaking modern architecture, including the awe-inspiring Guggenheim Museum.
- Cultural Tapestry of the Atlantic Coast: Each port along your journey not only offers its unique character and charm but also weaves together a rich cultural tapestry, creating a diverse and enriching sailing experience.
This voyage is more than just a journey across the waters; it’s a passage through diverse cultures, histories, and landscapes, epitomizing the essence of Atlantic coastal adventure.
How Adventure works
Our adventure voyages are intimate and exclusive, welcoming a maximum of 6 guests, accompanied by 2 skilled crew members. At the helm is a highly experienced Yachtmaster skipper, whose expertise and passion for sailing are matched only by their knowledge of the seas. Alongside, a dedicated first mate ensures a smooth and enjoyable journey for all.
Our yachts are designed for comfort and intimacy, featuring three double occupancy cabins, each boasting cozy double beds, ensuring a restful retreat after a day of adventure and exploration.
Whether you’re a seasoned sailor or a curious novice, this journey is for you. You don’t need any prior sailing experience to join in on the fun. In fact, most of our participants book solo, making this an ideal opportunity to meet new people and forge friendships amidst the backdrop of the sea’s ever-changing canvas. It’s more than a voyage; it’s a chance to step out of the ordinary, to learn, to connect, and to discover the joy of sailing in good company.
Trip day to day
Embark on a captivating seven-day voyage where the majesty of the Atlantic meets the charm of Europe’s most picturesque coastal towns. From the historic harbors of Brest to the vibrant streets of Bilbao, this journey is a celebration of the sea, connecting the timeless allure of sailing with the cultural tapestry of the Atlantic coast. This itinerary offers a diverse and enriching sailing experience, combining the adventure of the sea with the exploration of culturally rich and historic coastal cities. Enjoy your journey!
- Distance: Approximately 190.7 nautical miles.
- Highlight: La Rochelle, famous for its historic port and Vieux Port, surrounded by medieval architecture.
- Activity: Begin your journey from Brest, enjoying the open sea and the thrill of the longest leg to La Rochelle.
- Distance: Roughly 40 nautical miles.
- Highlight: Royan, known for its unique post-war architecture and beautiful beaches.
- Activity: A shorter sail to Royan, offering time to explore the town and enjoy its coastal charm.
- Distance: About 60 nautical miles.
- Highlight: Arcachon, famed for the Dune of Pilat and its oyster beds.
- Activity: Sail to Arcachon, experience the stunning Dune of Pilat and savor local seafood delicacies.
- Distance: Approximately 90 nautical miles.
- Highlight: San Sebastian, renowned for its La Concha beach and exquisite culinary scene.
- Activity: Journey to San Sebastian, prepare for a cultural and gastronomic exploration.
- Activity: Spend the day in San Sebastian. Enjoy the beaches, the pintxos, and the vibrant city life.
- Distance: Around 65 nautical miles.
- Highlight: Bilbao, a city known for its modern architecture and art, most notably the Guggenheim Museum.
- Activity: Set sail to Bilbao, where modern and traditional Spain merge. Explore the city’s architectural wonders and vibrant culture.
- Activity: Dedicate the day to discovering Bilbao. Visit the Guggenheim Museum, stroll through the Old Town, and enjoy the local Basque cuisine.
Brest – Bilbao
* Not included in the price is transportation to and from the Marina and all costs ashore, such as food and drinks
Need additional information? Send us a message or call